A local business can set up its GMB profile in just a few steps. It's quick and easy. All that they have to do is:
- Set up a Google Account or using an existing business account
- Once the account is set up, type google.com/business and click on ‘Manage now'
- Enter your business name, address, and specify your service area
- Choose the category of your business, enter your contact phone number and website URL
- Once you have entered all the required details, click on ‘Finish' to verify your business. You can verify the business via postcard, phone or email
Once you have set up your Google My Business profile the next big step is to optimize your business's profile using photos, videos, set up GMB Q&As to understand the requirements of your customers, create GMB posts, add a product collection or menu, urge your customers to follow you on Google Maps, and manage your reviews effectively. Once your profile is optimized, you can make use of the insights to know where your audience is coming from and use the information to expand your business's presence.