Bob Kippola Vacation Rental and Hospitality Marketing Speaker
Bob Kippola is the Director of Business Development at Milestone Internet Marketing. Milestone is a Silicon Valley-based digital media company focused on hospitality and drives over $500 Million per year in revenue for over 1000 hotels, resorts and vacation rentals.
Prior to joining Milestone, Bob was the Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Resort Data Processing (RDP), a property management system software provider for the lodging industry based in Vail, Colorado. In over 17 years with the company, Bob helped guide the company's strategy & sales efforts from DOS based PC's through the age of the Internet.
With his enthusiastic and engaging style, Bob is able to communicate complex technology concepts clearly. Audiences appreciate his ability to present topics that are both informative to the new comer, and challenging to the expert regarding almost any travel technology.
Bob grew up in Michigan and is fond of gadgets and anything to do with technology, mountain biking, skiing, traveling, and eating exotic food with his wife Claire.
Bob's professional profile is: www.linkedin.com/in/bobkippola
Past Hospitality Speaking Engagements
- BITAC "How Hotel Reviews are Impacting Search Engine Placement
- RezFest "SoLoMo: How to use the Convergence of Social, Local, and Mobile for better Search Engine Placement"
- VRMA "Social Media in 30 Minutes a Day for Lodging"
- Mountain Travel Symposium "Using 'eBuzz Connect™' Reputation Management/Social Media Monitoring software for Review Management"
- Choice Hotels Regional Meeting [Phoenix AZ, Portland OR, Colorado Springs CO] "Social Media Optimization tactics for limited service hotels"
- Mountain Tech-e "Maximizing Website Bookings via Internet Reservations"
- Canadian Resort Developers Association "Maximizing Social Media for the Vacation Ownership Industry"
- Condominium & Vacation Ownership Investment Conference Panelist "web based or client-server software forum"
- HITEC "Property Management & remotely managed web-based keyless entry integration"
- Ski Tops "Driving Revenue via Direct Electronic Bookings"
Workshop TopicsThe following are among the many topics covered in Bob's vacation rental and hospitality marketing speaking sessions:
- How the search engines rank websites (and what hotels can do to position themselves advantageously)
- Organic vs. Pay-Per-Click Listings (free vs. paid listings)
- Keyword research to pinpoint specific demand within a hotels market
- Local search engines
- Linking and directory enrollments (for the best visibility)
- How to design for the highest conversion rates of lookers to bookers
- ROI tracking online and offline
Permission Based Email Marketing
- Permission vs. Spam email marketing (and how to build a permission based database)
- Guidance for making an email campaign successful
- Showcase the different types of email campaigns (eNewsletters vs. eCards)
Social Media Optimization & Web 2.0
- Universal Search
- User Generated Content (why its so important and how it can help a hotel)
- Press Releases
- Social Networks
- Social Bookmarking
- Online Reputation Management
- Photo Sharing
- RSS Feeds
- Online Videos