More clicks from search
More driving directions to branches
More phone calls in 1 quarter
Customer Success: How US Bank Boosted Branch Traffic With Digital MediaUS Bank, the nation's 7th largest bank, wanted to drive more actions to local branches from their digital marketing strategy. The goal was to increase consumer awareness, make local listings more prominent and easier to find, and to help drive more business to local branches.
BackgroundUS Bank is the nation's 7th largest bank, providing investment, mortgage, trust and payment services products to individuals, businesses, governmental entities, and other financial institutions. US Bank has over 3,100 branches and over 4,800 ATMs nationwide, with a significant presence in the Midwestern United States.
Drive more business to local branchesUS Bank was interested in driving more foot traffic and customers to their branches through digital marketing. They wanted to ensure that the digital presence of branches across the country were maximized, and that the accuracy of location data distributed across the digital world was as close to 100% accurate as feasible. US Bank identified 5 key needs:
- Branches did not have a good online presence: The branch information on the US Bank locator page was sparse and did not create engagement and actionability. This led to missed opportunities to attract consumers to the branches.
- Lack of mobile friendliness: US Bank location pages were not mobile friendly, were difficult to find and were slow to load.
- Hard to find due to bad information: US Bank local branches had inaccurate and incomplete information across the digital spectrum, making it hard for consumers to find and connect with them.
- Poor user experience: URLs available to consumers through search engines led to incorrect or missing pages, 404 errors and a poor user experience.
Milestone Local & Milestone ServicesMilestone was selected as the US Bank vendor of choice based on its superior functionality and Milestone's unique value proposition of software + services, a holistic combination of Software as a Service (SaaS) products with dedicated digital marketing expertise on local search and SEO. US Bank began to leverage Milestone Local, Milestone's local-search and location management digital platform in late 2016.
- Milestone provided consulting services for creation of "digital branches": Milestone provided critical expertise & assistance in developing branch pages with a focus on user experience and that answered consumer questions - leading to higher search visibility.
- Branch data cleansing, consolidation, and digital distribution: Milestone cleansed available branch data, ensured consistency, and distributed branch data across the digital spectrum, including mapping systems, major search engines and data aggregators.
- State-of-the-art Search Engine Optimization process: Milestone developed a state-of-the-art SEO process by tagging all branch pages with appropriate structured data to make content highly visible to search engines and discovery end-points like mapping and navigation systems.
Higher visibility, more calls, more traffic
- Increased visibility: A 65% increase in the number of ranked keywords in Google local search.
- Higher search-engine visibility: 19% more consumers from search engines.
- Higher visibility on Google Maps: 64% more searches on US Bank on Google Maps.
- Greater accuracy of listing data: US Bank data quality scores grew from 60% to nearly 90%, making it easier for consumers to find and contact their local branch.
- Consumers take more actions: 36.5% more clicks to their website, a 109% increase in driving directions and a 31% increase in click-to-call actions.